Friday, February 26, 2010

Clock

We spend our lives on the run: we get up by the clock, eat and sleep by the clock, get up again, go to work - and then we retire. And what do they give us? A bloody clock - Dave Allen

I must govern the clock, not be governed by it - Golda Meir

I loathe the expression 'What makes him tick' ... A person not only ticks, he also chimes and strikes the hour, falls and breaks and has to be put together again, and sometimes stops like an electric clock in a thunderstorm - James Thurber

I write when I'm inspired, and I see to it that I'm inspired at nine o'clock every morning - Peter De Vries

All of us are watchers - of television, of time clocks, of traffic on the freeway - but few are observers. Everyone is looking, not many are seeing - Peter M. Leschak

Commencement speakers have a good deal in common with grandfather clocks: Standing usually some six feet tall, typically ponderous in construction, more traditional than functional, their distinction is largely their noisy communication of essentially common knowledge - W. Willard Wirtz, US Secretary of Labor

No comments:

Post a Comment